Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Friendly Silence

I knew a boy named James once.

He would ride his bike by my house while I sat on my porch and cried; afraid of the yelling inside.

I knew a girl named Molly once.

She was scared all the time and never talked to anyone but me.

I knew a boy named James once.

He would walk me home from school so the popular girls wouldn’t call me names and throw gum in my hair because I didn’t dress or act like them.

I knew a girl named Molly once.

She would eat lunch alone under the tree outside and wear long sleeves even when it was hot.

I knew a boy named James once.

He always put a flower in my locker on my birthday. It was the only gift I ever got.

I knew a girl named Molly once.

I asked her to prom but she refused. We sat in my backyard on prom night, talking and dancing like fools.

I knew a boy named James once.

He went away to college and I was all alone. Alone, with no one to talk to and no one who cared about me.

I knew a girl named Molly once.

I came home to visit her today, I always give her a flower for her birthday. Only difference is, this time, it I have to put the flower on her headstone instead of her locker.

I loved this girl named Molly once…

(((♥))) S. L. Gonzalez

No comments:

Post a Comment